Words of Encouragement

"The sovereign Lord is my strength! He will make me as sure-footed as a deer and lead me safely over the mountains." --Habakkuk 3:19

Sunday, October 7, 2012

I forgot my password... :/

Hi friends!

Well, I forgot my username and password when logging into this site which goes to show you how often I actually do this. I promise to get better! There has been a lot going on in life the past few months that I am eager to share with you all! :)

First off, I have a kitty-cat named Ally. She is all white and b-e-a-u-tiful!!!! Her momma is a little biased! ;) I don't have a picture of her on my computer but will be sure to upload one as soon as I can!

Next, I am helping Dan with a little remodeling (little is an understatement!) at his apartment building. One of the apartments came open in August and Dan decided to move in and make some improvements as the previous tenants decided to leave a bunch of presents for us to fix. HUMF!!!!

Oh well, this girl is learning a lot about tools, chalk lines, tape measures, plumbing, electrical, tar, and cement. Just call me  Ms. Clean... because I've done A LOT of it in the past few months. Really though, I can't complain. It is very therapeutic and a type of my own self care. I love, love, love my job at the clinic as a part time student but it can be frustrating to not be able to see the fruits of your labor for awhile or sometime not at all. Cleaning has become my new way of destressing and watch all the grime and gunk be washed away.

I spent two hours last night on my hands and knees trying to clean tile glue off of the cement floor in the basement. Talk about a dirty frustrating job! Once it was all said and done I had not even finished 1/16th of the floor and wanted to throw my scrubbrush at the wall. Then came Daniel to rescue. I explained how frustrated I was that I wanted to be so much farther along in the process and he just hugged me and told me to not worry about what needed to be done. He told me what a great job I was doing and made me some Ramen in the microwave... He's the best!

After the floor dried and my stomach was happy/full of ramen he led me back over to the floor and showed me how good my section looked... He even told me it looked better than his section! :-P Studball even came over and comforted me by cuddling up next to me while I was eating. I realize it was probably due to the food sitting in my lap but I would like to think his intentions were altruistic. :)

I've been picking up more shifts at the clinic and the hospital on top of school, homework, and having some sort of social life. Dan and I have been trying to spend as much time together between our crazy schedules as possible. The other night he bought ice cream and we had an ice cream date where we sat and talked. Little moments like that we really treasure. :)



 

 This is looking into the kitchen from the bedroom. We have more than this done now but I have been bad about taking pictures... I will do better!!! You can see Dan doing something manly in the background. ;)



 


Dan and I trying to put on our tired faces after spending a lot of time cleaning. I was trying to keep a straight face and not smile but sometimes it is just too hard! :)
This is me procrastinating on cleaning a bathroom and wearing on of Dan's pizza ranch hats. He has since bought me my own Menard's hat because he doesn't like putting on his own hat only to find that it now is the size of  a 5 year old's head. Although my head is tiny my heart is quite large and I have found a new love for home remodeling.
Till next time, Love Hollyann

No comments: