Hello all!
I realize I have been very lax in posting to this lately and I apologize. :( In other news, I have a lot to tell you! There is a new feline in my life; Ally. She is a 3 year old white kitty from the humane society. She is quite loveable, talkative, and very affectionate. She also comes when she is called! Dan calls her "Ev--illlll Ally with 7 y's-- 5 in evil and 2 in Ally." Yes, he actually uses the whole statement.
Oh, great news! Dan started as a manager at the 41st Pizza Ranch and is doing great. :) I am super proud of him and sometimes (when I'm lucky he is able to bring home pizza and cactus bread, yum!!!!). In other Dan news, he is beginning to remodel one of his apartments in his building. So far we have been hard at work ripping out ceiling tiles, cleaning, ripping out flooring, cleaning, ripping nails and screws out of wood, and cleaning. Did I mention cleaning? Whew! If you would have asked me a year ago what I would be doing in my spare time it would not have included learning how to use hand tools or anything grungy or dirty. However, there is a sense of satisfaction that comes after you spend an entire day at school and can go to an apartment that needs renovated and not worry about decorum, ethics, or being quiet in the hallway. I've really enjoyed rocking out to my music dancing crazily around the room singing Carrie Underwood's greatest hits into my hammer and seeing great amazing progress being made.
I know some of you are curious as to what Dan and I are doing to this apartment. Here is the short list:
-Rip out kitchen carpet (partially done)
-Rip out kitchen cabinets (partially done)
-Rip out ceiling tiles (done!)
-Rip out closet in kitchen (done!)
-Clean upstairs bathroom (done)
-Clean downstairs bathroom (done)
-Clean entire upstairs floor (done)
-Clean/disinfect all walls (97% done)
-Put up sheet rock for ceilings in basement kitchen (we'll get there)
-Install kitchen cabinets (we'll get there)
-Make Dan's apartment look awesome (def. getting there!)
Here are some pictures of our progress... Dan doesn't like pictures but here are some of use working. Well, he is working... I am "documenting our progress." Whenever I feel tired or worn out, I tend to "document". More to come later folks!
Love,
H.A.
I realize I have been very lax in posting to this lately and I apologize. :( In other news, I have a lot to tell you! There is a new feline in my life; Ally. She is a 3 year old white kitty from the humane society. She is quite loveable, talkative, and very affectionate. She also comes when she is called! Dan calls her "Ev--illlll Ally with 7 y's-- 5 in evil and 2 in Ally." Yes, he actually uses the whole statement.
| Okay, so she is not a happy camper in either of these pictures but in her defense I just got done putting some gel stuff in her eyes... Would you be happy? |
| This was after Studball came up behind her and licked her tail... I don't blame her, it's kinda personal territory!
|
Oh, great news! Dan started as a manager at the 41st Pizza Ranch and is doing great. :) I am super proud of him and sometimes (when I'm lucky he is able to bring home pizza and cactus bread, yum!!!!). In other Dan news, he is beginning to remodel one of his apartments in his building. So far we have been hard at work ripping out ceiling tiles, cleaning, ripping out flooring, cleaning, ripping nails and screws out of wood, and cleaning. Did I mention cleaning? Whew! If you would have asked me a year ago what I would be doing in my spare time it would not have included learning how to use hand tools or anything grungy or dirty. However, there is a sense of satisfaction that comes after you spend an entire day at school and can go to an apartment that needs renovated and not worry about decorum, ethics, or being quiet in the hallway. I've really enjoyed rocking out to my music
I know some of you are curious as to what Dan and I are doing to this apartment. Here is the short list:
-Rip out kitchen carpet (partially done)
-Rip out kitchen cabinets (partially done)
-Rip out ceiling tiles (done!)
-Rip out closet in kitchen (done!)
-Clean upstairs bathroom (done)
-Clean downstairs bathroom (done)
-Clean entire upstairs floor (done)
-Clean/disinfect all walls (97% done)
-Put up sheet rock for ceilings in basement kitchen (we'll get there)
-Install kitchen cabinets (we'll get there)
-Make Dan's apartment look awesome (def. getting there!)
Here are some pictures of our progress... Dan doesn't like pictures but here are some of use working. Well, he is working... I am "documenting our progress." Whenever I feel tired or worn out, I tend to "document". More to come later folks!
Love,
H.A.
No comments:
Post a Comment